Thursday, January 26, 2012

Keep Kids Out of Their Hands

Adoption is the solution for having children when a couple physically cannot. For a straight couple, there is a much greater chance an adopted child would be treated the same as a biological child would be. But how can a gay couple, which is incapable of having children, be expected to treat a child properly? I will admit, me being a homophobe does play into my opinions on gay adoption. I just think it is better off for gay couples to not possess children of their own. We do not know what their thought processes are, for there is no doubt they are "different" from the straight population. It would be especially dangerous, lets say, if a lesbian couple adopted a female child. First off, since it is not a biological child of either woman the trust factor immediately diminishes, as it does with any adopted child, regardless of who its parents are. However, if I was that girl, I'd be more scared growing of up my parents abusing me physically if they were lesbian, as oppose to having a mother and father.

No comments:

Post a Comment